Sunday, November 3, 2013

Juice not Juice

First, did not realize that the chapters were all different stories. The first story, “Translation,” I didn't feel connected to the character or understand the story; therefore, did not like the story. There were some very mysterious parts like a sickness, moon cycle being important, and people getting black skin. The most disappointing part of the story is I’ll never know. There was a lot of metaphors like mountains have flirty behavior and an exquisite face and people can improve by licking. One interesting element in the story was the different hints in the story. The visions and spirits throughout the story gain more detail. This indeed is a story fiction story, but not one of interest. The environment was generic with a mountain, forest, and town area. As the story developed I was not sure of the people leaving were important. It states she misses them, but is it just the people because they have left and the new people she doesn't get along with. The following story “Proportion Surviving,” was confusing, but had a revolution. The first thing to notice was the countdown till the crisis. At the beginning, you cannot tell what it is, but by the end of the story I believe it is a heat wave that causes him to no longer be able to drink juice. This character I felt more attached to, because I was told more about her. Her obsession of juice could be linked to an earlier reading stating to write about obsessions was Goldberg. Overall, all the stories I did not feel a strong connection to the characters, a lover, and fast pace, so I didn't get a feel of what was going on. I’m not sure why every story was a lover, but don’t feel they are even important to the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment