Wednesday, October 23, 2013

My Own Fiction Writing

The topic of fiction is a large one. In particular, I have written science-fiction and fantasy. All of my personal writings are first written in with pencil in those 25 cent journals. The way the pencil feels in my hand and lead to paper is a magical feeling. After writing by hand I would then go back and type it. This allows me to check my ideas and catch some errors. My true first attempt at writing for my own enjoyment start in middle school with a science-fiction book called June 5th with aliens. Looking back at it, the grammar was horrible and the way I thought of the story was scene to scene. I had not sat down and really think in the long term where this was going. Now it sits unfinished in my desk. My second attempt was called Blank another science-fiction. Done in the same fashion I had improved my grammar and spelling when I started this in 8th grade. I first would think of events I wanted to happen like a fire tornado and a violent, but innocent girl shows up. Occasionally, I would have some of my friends read over what I had written and determined that I needed to rewrite my entrance to give more background to the situation. This story was more like a universe. After writing the first few chapters I knew where it needed to go. This plot had more going on and slightly intimidating. There were many minor and major characters at different times. At one point the two main characters split up leading me to have chapters go back and forth between the two. My final attempt in junior year of high school I did a very different genre and structure. This topic was fantasy with a cliché topic with a different twist on werewolves. The pattern of writing switched from narrator, to girl main character to boy main character. Besides the personality change the font would change, so a reader can tell who is who at the beginning.

1 comment: